- 1/2 lb smoked salmon, store bought or homemade (Smoked Salmon)
- 1 cup asparagus, (blanched for a minute and ice bathed to cool) diced
- 2 Tbls unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, more if necessary
- 1/4 cup grated paremesan
- 1 lemon juiced, (about 1/4 cup) zest reserved for garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 Tbls Apple Jack or Brandy
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbls chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb of pasta, cooked al dente (I used shells, RESERVE some pasta water for the sauce)
Once you have all the ingredients ready to go, the dish comes together rather quickly... SO BE READY!
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the shallots and zucchini. Cook, stirring often, for about a minute or two, then add the garlic. Continue to cook until zucchini is almost tender, another min, then add the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper, then deglaze with the Apple Jack or Brandy.
Reduce the booze by half, then add the cream, and simmer rapidly until cream has been reduced and starts to thicken. Add the fresh thyme, and stir. Add the lemon juice and parmesan, followed by the pasta (use some reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce if needed), and toss to combine. Fold in the smoked salmon carefully, as it will break up, and the fresh parsley. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper.
Serve with a little more parmesan, and a touch more parsley to finish.