This perfect little brunch item is one of Sabrina's favorite family recipes. Simple to make, and great at parties as a dip, great for large breakfast gatherings, or served up for dinner with a nice salad. It's even great served cold the next day!
You should go make this... It's so creamy, cheesy good.
- 3 cups Cottage cheese, small curd
- ¾ cup Ritz Crackers, about 18 crackers, crushed up with your hands
- 1- can diced green chilies (7 oz.) You could also roast and peel your own, just add a dash of salt and vinegar to the finished diced chilies.
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 strips cooked bacon, roughly chopped (optional)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 350º
In a large bowl, place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the eggs, and mix together. Season with salt and pepper, and taste the mixture before you add the eggs. Create a little well in the middle and add the eggs. Lightly fold the eggs into the other ingredients until well blended.
Prepare a 9" x 9" pan or deep pie dish with some butter, and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Make sure to spread the ingredients out as evenly as you can with a spatula. Place into oven and bake for 45 minutes, until lightly browned and only slightly jiggly. An inserted toothpick should come out pretty clean.